Saturday, April 14, 2012

Eggsellent!

I love the April edition of Bon Appetite. I have so many pages flagged down I don't know where to start. Waking up this morning, however, I knew how I was going to start my day, and that is with Jean-Georges Vongerichten brilliant scrambled eggs. These eggs were so creamy, light and slightly buttery. I have never had eggs like these before. Very simple to prepare, and all you need is a saucepan or saute pan, and a whisk.

Ingredients:

4 large eggs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
Cayenne pepper
Kosher Salt



Step 1: Combine eggs and 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan or saute pan and season with cayenne and salt to your liking.

Step 2: Place over medium-low heat and cook.  Whisking gently and constantly while scraping the bottom and the sides.

Step 3: Continue whisking until eggs are just thickened, creamy, and small curds begin to form.  This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.

Step 4: Remove from heat.  Add 1/2 tablespoons of butter to eggs and stir until melted.

These are delicious!  Serve with your favorite side like bacon or sausage.  I had mine with turkey sausage.

Recipe from Bon Appetite, April Issue, by Jean-Georges Vongerichten

2 comments:

Autism United said...

Nice eggs, a morning favorite for sure.

The Inspired Table said...

Thank you, and they were easy to make too.

Seasonal Foods