Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not Your Ordinary Meat and Potatoes - Quick Menu


I am really not a fan of convenience foods and I mostly buy products that have no preservatives. My family at times will say, "There is nothing to eat in this house", and that is because in my house you have to actually make it. Sometimes, however, convenience foods help you out in a pinch. Take the product Veri Veri Teriyaki by Soy Vay. Not a new product to most, but you may have forgotten about it. I love the little bits of onion and garlic and sesame seeds in this sauce, and I like this product because it is preservative free. It is simply the best pre-made teriyaki sauce, in my opinion. If you haven't tried this, marinate steaks for at least 5 hours in this teriyaki sauce and grill. Yes, I said grill. I know it's winter, but I grill all year long. Rain or snow, I'm out there! My spicy potatoes pair wonderfully with the steaks. I add steamed sugar snap peas to round out the dinner. I hope you try this menu for your family.

Teriyaki Steaks with Roasted Potatoes in Garlic Chili Sauce

4 Steaks, cut of your choice - I used fillet
Veri Veri Teriyaki
9 golden potatoes, quarters
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (found in the Asian foods section)
3/4 of a large bag of sugar snap peas

Marinate steaks in teriyaki sauce for 5 hours in refrigerator. Remove and bring steaks to room temperature for about 30 min before grilling. Meantime, get the potatoes started. In a bowl, combine potatoes with oil, salt and chili garlic sauce, toss to coat. Place in roasting pan and cook for 45 min at 375, or until golden in color and crispy looking. Grill steaks towards the last several minutes of when the potatoes will be done. Plate and cover with foil. Steam sugar snap peas with a little salt and sesame seed oil for 2 to 3 minutes in microwave, or use a steamer over a pot of boiling water for a few minutes. Serves 4.

No comments:

Seasonal Foods