Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creamy Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

These cookies turned out great. I spotted the recipe on Yummly. Apparently, it was peanut butter day. I just had to try, since I have some Reese's fans. I used reduced fat peanut butter and I thought they tasted great. My taste tester did too. The original recipe uses Izzybelle Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce, but I substituted Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge Sauce. It is thick like frosting and tasted very well with the peanut butter cookies.



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
extra sugar for rolling
Mrs. Richardson's Hot Fudge Sauce

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Beat together butter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract.  Mix in both sugars, salt, and baking powder.  Gradually mix in flour, half at a time.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.

Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls (I used a small scoop) and then roll into sugar.  Using fork, flatten the cookie and make a criss-cross patter.  Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.  Let cookies cool on cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, frost cookie on bottom and sandwich together with another.

No comments:

Seasonal Foods