Monday, January 2, 2012

Carmelized Onions, Roasted Mushrooms and Goat Cheese Pizza



Today, as I was cleaning out the fridge, I was inspired by some items that were going to spoil if I didn't use them. I discovered I needed to use mushrooms, an onion and some goat cheese I had.  I had frozen some pizza dough that I got from Trader Joe's.  If you haven't tried it, please do.  They have whole wheat pizza dough too.  Here is a quick pizza you can make for dinner or as an appetizer.

1 package of Trader Joe's pizza dough
1 large vadalia onion
5 oz of mushrooms
Small log of goat cheese
Garlic olive oil
Thyme
Salt
Oregano

Saute onions on low heat with garlic olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, and thyme, until carmelized for about 15 min.  Meanwhile, cut mushrooms in quarters, roast at 375 with garlic olive oil and little salt for about 15 minutes. Add mushrooms with their juices to the onions, scraping up the bits on the bottom of pan and turn off stove. Increase oven temperature to 400. Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface. Place dough on either a pizza stone or metal pizza pan that has medium holes on the bottom. Brush dough with some olive oil, and spread mushroom and onion mixture over the dough.  Sprinkle chunks of goat cheese over.  Add a little oregano to the top. Drizzle with oil. Place pizza stone or pan in the middle of oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden in color.  


No comments:

Seasonal Foods